So some people wanted me to post the tracks that I used for my fake future wedding album (NO, I am not getting married- I did it for fun.) and for me to explain why I chose those songs I did and them in the order of songs I did. (Please note that I tried to source them as best as I could.)
My Future Wedding Album Part 1: (The reason there are two parts is because a blank CD only lets you upload 18 songs and my playlist had 22 songs and I didn’t want to shorten the list and compromise the selection just to get it to fit it...so I split the playlist into two segments that would each fit on a CD.)
1. “Silly Love Songs” Paul McCartney. Wingspan: Hits [Disc 1] – So I used this one to start the mix because it sort of justifies a silly love song compilation and it also sets a good encompassing mood over the album.
2. “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) [Remastered]” Eurythmics. Eurythmics: Ultimate Collection –Ha ha, this is where our album really begins...I was kind of going for “BOOM! This is the real world; it’s going to be had to find “the one”, there’s a lot of people out there and not all of them are good. (And I love the beat...)
3. “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) Journey. Journey: Greatest Hits –This is such a great song, I’m glad I’m starting to like 80’s songs now. I was trying to go for, “even though finding “the one” will be hard, true love will find you.” (Well, if you do your part.)
4. “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) Mamma Mia! Film Cast. Mamma Mia! –Sometimes, you just want a guy preferably “the one” to come and save you from the figurative darkness of the dating world. Let’s face it; there are a lot of losers out there.
5. “Sweetest Thing” U2. The Best Of 1980-1990 –I added this because I think we forget that love is “the sweetest thing” in our rush to find “the one”.
6. “Take A Chance On Me” Mamma Mia! Film Cast. Mamma Mia! –So, there’s this guy you really like and you want to be more than friends with...and now you are waiting for him to ask you out. So, you start dropping hints.
7. “You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) [Mono]” The Beatles. Past Masters, Vol. 2 [2009 Stereo Remaster] – You’ve been dropping hints the size of anvils on him waiting for him to ask you out...and he just doesn’t get it. This is the song for all of those people who want to scream “ASK ME OUT FOR GOODNESS SAKES!” at the top of their lungs.
8. “The Bird And The Worm” Owl City. Ocean Eyes –This is just a cute song about a couple slowly making the transition from friends to boyfriend/girlfriend and still remaining the best of friends.
9. “I Want To Hold Your Hand” The Beatles. Past Masters, Vol. 1 [2009 Stereo Remaster] -Why wouldn’t this song be on here? It’s about a couple making it official and it’s from the Beatlemania era!
10. “On The Wing” Owl City. Ocean Eyes –Uh oh! The “L” word is entering the equation and it’s both thrilling and troublesome...are they both invested?
11. Never Knew I Needed” Ne-Yo. The Princess And The Frog – Sometimes it takes you by surprise that falling in love- surrendering yourself to another person was just what you needed. It completes you.
My Future Wedding Album Part 2:
1. “Something” The Beatles. Abbey Road – This is just a beautiful song about someone realizing how in love they are. I think that it’s one of the greatest love songs ever.
2. “Meteor Shower” Owl City. Ocean Eyes – This song is short but incredibly sweet. Love is something that gives you something more than you could ever gain on your own.
3. “Lay All Your Love On Me” Mamma Mia! Film Cast. Mamma Mia! – Love is great but it can make you crazy. The bad kind of crazy that can lead to possessiveness and other similar things. The key is to learn how to be in love but not crazy. Yep, it’s that simple.
4. “All I Want is You” U2. Rattle and Hum – People make a lot of crazy promises and get fancy gifts for the object of their affection when all they really need is their love.
5. “No More Lonely Nights” Paul McCartney. Wingspan: Hits [Disc 1] – People fight. If your love is really worth it, you’ll make it through together.
6. “Where The Streets Have No Name” U2. The Best Of 1980-1990 – Some things are beyond our control, but we can find peace and something that will last forever with those we love.
7. “You and me and One Spotlight” Yellowcard. Paper Walls – This is just the best song you could slow dance to EVER.
8. “My Love” Paul McCartney & Wings. Wingspan: Hits [Disc 1] – This song is about a couple that has complete faith in each other and devotion to each other.
9. “Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)” Muse. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [Deluxe Version] – This is a beautiful song that overarches the entire album, it was difficult to get there, but their love will last forever.
10. “Love Story Meets Love Story (Taylor Swift Remix)” Jon Schmidt. Bonus Tracks – And here’s a nice (if cliché) outro that’s the perfect “happy ending” song that concludes the album...
11. “ The Song That Goes Like This” Spamalot (Original Broadway Cast). Spamalot – Except it isn’t actually over yet! I had to throw this in because of its sheer ridiculousness; it pokes fun at about every love song in existence. I don’t want my album to come off too self important, it’s just a fake future wedding album, not the opera. ☺
Thanks for reading!